Mimochai Studio | Class Descriptions
Here are detailed descriptions of our most popular classes, now available on Mimochai Studio to learn at your own pace 💛
Learning drawing fundamentals is critical for anyone who wants to bring their drawing skills to the next level! In this class, we cover:
- Lines & Shapes
- Value & Form
- Color & Light
The class is anchored by a hero illustration that is fun to draw. Mimi will guide you through the five main topics of drawing foundations using this illustration for understanding each element and also how it all comes together. Within each section, there will also be warmup exercises to reinforce the lessons.
This class is not meant to be just a step-by-step of how to draw realistically, even though that will be one of the results of completing the class. Rather, the purpose of this class is to understand how the artist's toolkit works.
Mimi designed this class to be instructive yet enjoyable. Using an 80/20 approach, she has distilled everything she has learned from countless hours of classes and practice to focus on the 20% of the knowledge that has made 80% of the difference in her creative growth. Don't worry, 20% is still a LOT of learning!
The class includes:
- On-Demand Video Tutorials
- Drawing Workbook PDF
- Monthly Live Sessions & Q&A
- Mimi's Tools & Resources List
- Community Support
Start Your Creative Journey
Do you wish you could lead a more creative and fulfilling life, but don't know where to start or are scared to take the first steps? Are you already on the creative journey but feeling a bit lost or overwhelmed?
This class addresses these questions and introduces an approach I call Mindful Growth. Mindful Growth is the practice of pursuing our life's meaning, connecting with our creative spark, and realizing our true potential in a more mindful way. We are not about that burnout culture life.
Your life is your story, and you are in more control of the narrative than you think. Let's start to think about how we'd like our story to go.
In this class, we'll cover:
- How to find and process your inspirations
- How to clarify your "Why"
- How mindfulness and the creative pursuit go hand in hand
- How to create a learning plan for your journey
- How to address time and money challenges
- How to deal with common fears
- How to find your alignment with your purpose
Design Your Daily Pages
This class will teach you how to build a daily sketchbook journaling practice that fits your schedule. It's one of the best ways to support your wellbeing and tap into your creativity.
- Daily Pages basics and benefits
- Favorite Sketchbook Tools
- Sketchbook Reviews
- Guided Journals Reviews
- Design Your Pages: Elements
- Design Your Pages: Themes
- Design Your Pages: Studies & Inspo
- Design Your Pages: Your Routine
- Further Exploration: Intro to Illustrated Journaling + Mindful Drawing
Learn Digital Painting
In this class, I share my perspective on what makes digital painting so great as well as showing you my full setup, process, and a beginner-friendly version of my workflow using both Procreate and Photoshop.
I'll answer lots of common questions I know beginners have, because I had those questions too! I'll go over:
- Insight on how and why it is worth the jump from traditional to digital painting
- My recommended digital painting tools to get with a limited budget
- How I developed my own personal workflow and how you can develop yours
- An understanding of the pros and cons between Procreate and Photoshop
- Examples and demonstrations
Together we’ll make a digital painting and develop a workflow that you can integrate into your own.
Want to hear what other students have said about the classes? Read our reviews here!